Tuesday 19 August 2008

Prologue: Some Background


Seeing as this blog is entitled "Ode to be a Housewife", I see it fit to describe the events that took place whereby I became a housewife.






As you can see in the picture to the right, Ross and I had a very mature relationship while we were dating. (in fact, whilst on the subject, I don't think much has changed)






We met at a dance in Reading in May '07. It was close to the end of the dance when this dashing young man caught my eye, and it only took a matter of a few smiles and he was at my side, taking me out of the loud dance hall to get to know each other.






All I had gathered during that night, was this man was called Ross, he was handsome, loved to wear blue (and subsequently wore the same colour as myself that day, making me feel like it was destiny! - not that I completely comprehend or believe in such a thing). Although I knew little about him, there was something very familar and - comfortable - about him. We were not shy or awkward - well perhaps Ross was a little. We just clicked. Ross asked me for my number and the rest is history.






Ross proposed on Friday 12 October '07 in the car outside the Birmingham dance and we went to Cheltenham and bought my ring the next day, Saturday 13 October '07. It was the most wonderful day of my life.




Then of course, came the wedding. The beautiful fairytale wedding that took place on Saturday 16 February '08. I distinctly remember waking up that day 10 minutes before my hair appointment and feeling extremely excited and nervous about getting my hair done. (Not even thinking about the fact that today, I am a bride). Being a woman who loves to be loved and enjoys attention and knowing full well that there are only two times in one's life where people say nice things about you, and they are your Wedding and your Funeral. So I soaked in every minute of that day and savoured the picture of me and my father walking down the aisle to my handsome prince standing at the front.


The day went by far too quickly and before we knew it, Ross and I were spending our very first day in our marital home in Abbeymead. A little 2 bed coach house with the largest bathroom you will ever see, that was our life. It was just me and Ross, together and totally drowned in love. (like the Backstreet Boys song "I'm Drowning")


Of course, these things don't stay that way for too long...


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment