Wednesday 26 November 2008

Pat A Cake, Pat A Cake....

Whilst lying in the sofa watching TV, I patted my thighs with bordem and when I stopped, I felt a distinct "rap tap tap tap" in my uterus. My heart stopped with excitement. I waited a couple of seconds, then rapped against my thighs again and waited - sure enough, baby hit back.

Later that night, when Ross was sat on the sofa next to me, I started to feel the baby kicking again, excited, I grabbed Ross' hand and pressed it hard on the area I felt the kicking. After a few minutes two light "tap taps" made Ross' face light up and we were overjoyed at the confirmation that yes, there is a baby in there.

Wonderful!!

Just an update, had the scan two and half weeks ago. Saw baby, cute nose, cute legs and more importantly all is well and baby is very healthy. Ross and I are incredibly excited to find out the sex next month.

Sickness is still very present, I'm not so bad when I'm taking the tablets but I'm still feeling pretty rubbish. The appetite is back though - with a vengance! - I'm loving all things foodalicious! Particular favourites are:

Terry's Chocolate Orange
Ben N Jerry's Fish food - naughty, but I don't care
Mashed Potato
Cauliflower Cheese

Yummmm

We're excited about ThanksGiving dinner tomorrow night. All the family are gathering at Mum and Dad's and there will be mashed potato, stuffing, yams...... I'm totally salivating now...!

Anyways, must go. Until next post!....Laters.

Laura

16 Weeks 4 days

1 comment:

  1. That's great! My baby is kicking me sooo much, I need her out. Less than 3 weeks till my due date now - so exciting!

    ReplyDelete