Wednesday 25 November 2009

I've died and gone to Heaven.

Loved. That is how I am feeling right now. I should be shattered, lonely and frustrated. I should be depressed, unmotivated and bored. I'm not though. I have moved a bit away from family and moved closer to an even larger family!

The Swindon ward is just the best place on Earth for me, Ross and Ryan right now. We all feel so loved. We've been here....what? 2 weeks? And already Ross has a teaching assignment, we've got 2 family dinner appointments, I've been out with the girlies to the cinema, going visiting teaching tonight, been invited to a lunch with the girlies of Oakhurst and Redhouse next week - then it's the ward christmas party!! Also - the Bishop wants to see us for a "get to know you" chat. How AMAZING. The members are so warm and friendly and so at ease and happy. There's so many wonderful Americans in the ward and their loving mentality has been adopted by the other members....driving 3 miles to pick me up is no problem, going out and arranging a babysitter is no big deal....coming up to me and talking to me isn't an issue at all. IT'S WONDERFUL.

I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me and my family to move to Swindon. We know we'll be busy here and I'm just so overwhelmed with happiness. I feel like I've been in water for so long and I've just broken the surface and gulped wonderful wonderful air!

1 comment: