Wednesday 12 August 2009

Eye of the Tiger....

DUN, dun, dun, DUN. Dun, Dun DUN. Dun dun daaaaaaaaa!!!

Rising up, up with the fire,
burning with a righteous desire,
Keeping faith, remembering to pray,
It's the way of our life...

..oh oh, eye of the tiger it's the lurch of my tum,
stressing day, night and all that's inbetween us!
Oh oh, eye of the tiger it's the song that I hum,
as I hope and I pray that we'll hear.......From Nationwide!!

DUN, dun, dun DUN. DUn, Dun, DUN. Dun dun daaaaaaa

Eye of the tiger!!

DUN, dun, dun, DUN. Dun, Dun, DUN. Dun dun daaaaa...

.....eye of the tiger.....


*sigh*

So the waiting continues. If truth be told I feel a bit sick. Someone from Nationwide finally called yesterday. I broke out in a cold sweat and caught my breath as I listened to Ross talking in the other room...

"Hello?"
"yes, speaking"
"....*pause*"
"right"
"*pause*"
"oh, okay, that's fine"
"*pause*"
"no, that's okay, no problem"
*pause*
"No problem, bye"

My stomach plummeted to the ground, my mouth went dry and I suddenly felt incredibly dizzy. All these thoughts were rushing through my head:

"Oh no, he didn't get it - okay gotta act positive - we're DOOMED - no, no be strong for Ross, It's fine darling - no, no, no, no, no!! - it wasn't meant to be - HOW CAN I CARRY ON?? - it'll be fine, we couldn't live off the wage anyway....."

Ross finally re-enters the lounge and tells me that it was someone from HR asking for more information re: previous addresses and contact details for Sony.

"Oh," was all I could say.

They specifically wanted to find out if Ross had ever lived at 22 Blackberry Hill, Cumbria. That's when my heart sank again. They had done a background check and credit check on us and well Blackberry Hill was his parents house and where his mum decided to refuse to pay council tax. We think it's been blacklisted. Ross was registered at that address for electoral roll purposes but actually resided in Canada at the time. He explained this and now we pray, PRAY, that this wont affect their decision.....

...if it does, Ross and I will have to pray really REALLY hard for help in not getting angry and mad at Ross' mum. *sigh*

We'll see what happens. eh.

Laura

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember if I already commented. Scary about the address! Thats a thorough background check I hope it works out they obv want him if they are doing checks!!! We will keep Praying!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new pics on the header what a cute cute family you make!

    ReplyDelete