Wednesday 26 August 2009

Good Morning Arnie!

Last night, as soon as Ross let Arnie loose in his enviroment, he waddled into a nice hiding place and settled down to sleep for the night. So we went to bed. when I woke up this morning I popped into the spare bedroom and saw the massive vivarium standing on our desk and though "Oh wow, it wasn't a weird dream then". Last night was weird. There were bugs escaping left right and centre! Poor Dad and Ross were running around grabbing various escapees and throwing them back in, but then all the insects figured out where the exit was and there was a mass exodus! Flying beetles, massive woodlice, crickets, worm things....ew!!! Ross said we can just feed Arnie crickets -those I can handle because they look like brown grass hoppers...and they don't bite! Arnie will also eat housespiders and we've had a massive amount of spiders in the house as of late (wow I hate August/September!!) I said to Ross "This is terrible, we've seen 5 massive spiders in 2 days! It wasn't like that last year!!" to which Ross sheepishly said, "actually it was....but if you remember, last year during Sep/Oct you were in bed all the time....so I just got rid of them and didn't tell you" EWWWW!!!!

Anyways, back to Arnie. He's lovely. Gosh I love him! It was love at first sight. His cute little head and sweet eyes. His pattern is beautiful and he's so elegent!! And he's TINY. Yeah, with the tail he's about a foot long, but his body must be only 4" or so. He doesn't bite (yet) but he's very skittish. Actually he reminds me of a newt I befriended in Lower Knowles Road. Anyways, he's wonderful and there is now a very calm feeling in the house. I like his spirirt, it's very lovely.

Well, that's it for the morning update!! With all the stress going on, it's nice to have something - or someone - in the house to calm us all down!!

ps, Ryan thinks he's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment