Tuesday 18 August 2009

My Precious, Precious little one...


Amongst the stress and times I feel like I'm running around like a headless chicken, I sometimes find myself stopping dead in my tracks and feeling overwhelmed and blown-away by the love and devotion I feel towards Ryan. He is currently fast asleep in his bouncer and I can't help but watch in in awe and adoration. I love him in a way that's indescribable. I'd do anything for him. He is my little darling, my precious little creation. He's thriving and learning and suprises me every day. His sweet spirit shines out and takes me breath away. He is still so fresh from Heaven. So perfect, so healing, so incredibly good for the soul. Ross and I are so thankful to our Heavenly Father for our son. He completes us and makes us proud, humbled, excited, terrified...and all the emotions between! I wrote this poem just moments ago, whilst sat in a rather poignant mood.

I never knew how much joy,
Having you, could make me
I never knew, my little boy,
That you would look so heavenly

I felt you close by during my tender years,
I began to recognise your noble spirit,
During those hard days of trials and fears,
You’d come along and visit.

When the sickness was too tough,
Or I just couldn’t carry on,
You’re presence was simply enough,
To help me feel strong

You were so excited to come to Earth,
We prayed for you every day
On finally when it came to your birth
The joy I felt was more than I can say

I never guessed you’d look so cute,
so new, yet undeniably familiar,
I held you close and the world went mute
And we looked at each other in wonder

How precious you are, I could never convey,
It would be impossible to do
I thank my Heavenly Father day by day,
For blessing me with you

I love to watch you thrive and grow
Into a handsome, happy young child,
With more potential than you’ll ever know
And a temperament so wonderful and mild

I know you are a child of God,
Who is righteous and willing to do right
Who will continue to grip onto the Iron Rod
And be strong as you fight the good fight

Love you always

Mummy.

xxx

It certainly does put things into perspective. :)

1 comment:

  1. He is such a beautiful reflection of two beautiful parents. What a joy he is in your lives!

    ReplyDelete