Saturday 22 August 2009




My, My, My....how my little man is growing up! He looks so old and wise! Okay maybe not old per-say....but he just doesn't look like a newborn anymore.
Ross and I took Ryan out to Pizza hut the other night. It was lovely to get out and unwind. The waitress cooed over Ryan and out of the blue just asked me "are you bottle feeding or - " and I said "no, breastfeeding" and she pulled a face of disgust and went "oh, eww - how old is he?" and I replied "just over 3 months" and she looked even more disgusted and walked off. I was mortified. I never thought of myself as one of those women who just feed their babies til they're practically walking...yet I felt like someone saw me that way!! It annoys me like crazy that breastfeeding is a great achievement and it totally the best you can possibly do for your baby and if you DO breastfeed, you're like some dirty person. Made me really upset! :(
Anyways, enough of that. We've had a crazy weekend. We went to Grandad Burton's funeral on Friday. it was lovely, but sad all the same. Andrew stayed with us too. And we went around Swindon today to scope it out and see if there was any mileage in moving there. We quickly found the areas to steer clear of and found a couple of nice pockets....well it's better than Gloucester!! We'll see how it goes but Swindon is looking like it might be our next move.
Aaarrrgh, my eyeballs are glued shut. I'm SO tired. Ryan slept for nearly 8 hours last night (WITH NO BREAK or FEED) wow. And yet i'm still absolutely shattered. I wish I could just sleep for a week. Oh well. Off to church tomorrow and then I've got the pleasure of Helen and her mum coming over to visit. BUSY BUSY BUSY. Also hoping to weigh Ryan on monday and see how he is progressing. :)
That's all the news I think
love
Laura
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment