Wednesday 24 March 2010

What a 2 and an 8!!

Gotta make this quick coz I'm really not well and need to go back to bed. But here's the update:

Saw midwife, she wrote in my notes "Laura is suffering from Hyperehimitus" and said she didn't know what medicine Avomine was, let alone Ondansetron so she told me to see the doctor.

Had telephone convo with doctor who did know what Hyperemesis is and said "All hyperemesis women are very individual when it comes to medication, so whatever worked for you last time will work for you again" so she's got me on Avomine again. When I mentioned Ondansetron she went absolutely mental at me claiming it to be very powerful and absolutely insane to give it to Pregnant women as the long term effects and risks are unknown. When I argued that the docs in America said it was no harm to the baby at all - well she actually scoffed and said Americans knew nothing......pppft.

I'm actually okay with Avomine and I didn't really want Ondansetron anyway because it IS a strong drug and if I can live without it, I will! That's not to say anyone who takes it are awful or made any risks. Gemma, my sister had horrendous sickness and was in hospital - I think for her there was no other option and it is because of Ondansetron that both mother and baby survived!!!

But one mans meat is another mans poison. I'm rubbish when it comes to tablets, my body just goes all crazy, so it's a blessing in disguise.

OOOh more good news though - my due date is actually 29th October which puts me at 9 weeks on Friday! That moves the 12 week scan forward by 3 days and because I didn't have a proper cycle before I fell pregnant who knows how far I really am.

I'm still being sooooo sick though and feel like I want to die - I really wish someone would just take Ryan away. He's having night terrors and I know it's because he's upset that Mummy's so poorly.

Anyway I'm waiting for the one thing I'm craving - Chicken Salad Sandwich - and hopefully I'll feel better after that. Just like last time, I'm able to eat a small meal in the evenings. Last night it was steak and mashed potato with sweetcorn and I ate almost the WHOLE meal!!

Oh and no hospital for me, apparently I am ketone free and as I was overweight before, no one bats an eyelid that I lost so much weight because, well to be honest, it needed to be lost. Gosh I hate being fat. Think this sickness is a blessing in disguise. I'm back into my lovely size 12 jeans and making it to week 9 and got no tummy! Haha. Shame everyone knows. No need to hide it now.

Anyway blabbing over. I'm off to bed. xxx

3 comments:

  1. Well I hope the Avomine helps you I was REALLY sick on the Avomine it made me faint and gave me a racing heart so I wouldn't say it isn't strong. The Ondansetron is safe it is used in the US and Australia. When I wa sin the hospital in Gloucester the doctor told me ondansetron was the 'Rolls Royce' of drugs because it was very expensive. She said to try me out on a 'Ford Fiesta' tablet instead namely Avomine because it's cheaper. Thats why the UK haven't looked into it more because of cost. My doctor here could tell I was nervous about the Ondansetron and said he wanted to reassure me that the drug was only considered a class B drug as it wasn't considered to be very strong in the dose that you take when you are pregnant. In Pregnancy you take about two tablets a day or even just one. Cancer patients use the drug (purely to help with nausea) and they take fourteen! So it's a little bit different. Anyway I thought you ought to know my whole story and know that the UK will not 'want' to support you on that drug because of cost. Which the doctor in hospital said herself. They tried me on every drug in hospital until they let me have it even with my drip in it was the only thing which gave me relief and allowed me to eat so I feel it was a great blessing. Hopefully the Avomine will be helpful. Good luck, 9 weeks is great :) Not too much longer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I am glad you don't have to go into hospital it is miserable! Still craving the steak I see! lol I couldn't barely eat meat when I was pregnant so I find it so funny you can, it's great though. The most meat I craved was ham with Evan. Anyway don't want to make you sick. Oh and you're not fat!!! Don't think that! We Burchell girls are just curvy so enjoy it. lol even though it's a real pain sometimes but it is awesome to look like women!

    ReplyDelete