Tuesday 19 June 2012

Day 2 of Potty Training

Potty Training: Day 2.


Blogger is being ridiculous at uploading pictures the wrong way round, then giving me no option to rotate the picture! This one is the only one that came out alright - so here it is!

Ryan is potty training, as you know. We have just completed day 2 and my goodness is this hard work! My poor friend, who came along to help me out and earn a few pennies, had a tough time when I had to go out for a few hours to do my Visiting Teaching. As soon as I left the house, Ryan (who had been dry all morning and even held it in when he needed to go on the way back from a little walk) threw himself on the floor and wailed "Where's mummy gone?" or something of the sort. He had 3 accidents, threw temper tantrums and even shouted "I hate you Lucy!". What a naughty, naughty boy!

When I got home, (feeling haggard and weak from hoovering and tidying one of my visiting teaching sisters' house) Ryan was far from impressed at my absense and continued to have a bad attitude. Still, Lucy and I kept at it with the toilet training and Ryan remained dry for the rest of the afternoon and early evening.

On the whole, it was only 3 accidents in one day and he was holding his bladder for larger periods of time too. This is a vast improvement on yesterday and I should hold onto that, but I can not help but feel just dreadful that I went out Visiting Teaching and disrupted Ryan's potty training! He could have stayed dry all day if I stayed! Who knows?

Alexander. Oh my little munchkin. He seemed to like the idea of this potty training business. He crawled up onto the toilet all by himself and I found him like this. (See picture above). Even Ryan would not sit on the toilet without some help. Alex jumped on and raised his hands above his head and shouted "YAY!" I guess he wont be far behind Ryan! (Then I will be the one shouting "Yay!")

The Nursery that Ryan will be attending this September onwards requires Ryan to be potty trained. They also want him to be able to put on his shoes, wellies and coat unassisted.

It's going to be a very, very busy summer!

Here's to round 3! (and this time I have no back up! Can't give up now though! He seems to be getting it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment