Tuesday 19 May 2009

A Final Note Before I Pass onto the other side....

Well my little baby boy - you weren't very happy last night were you! I know you hate the contractions and you'd love some more space, so please bare with mummy as her body gets ready to deliver you into this world.

The rain is pouring but the sky is bright. Mummy and Daddy have been awake all night and all day and all night again. We're very tired, I am especially. And -

- contraction -

I can't sleep through the pains I'm having - but I know they are an important part of the labour process. Each pain brings me that bit closer to seeing you, my precious one. Finally I will see you're eyes, you're little nose and mouth - I'll be able to cradle you and kiss your beautiful head. This vision keeps me calm, and almost excited. Although I do apologise for my loud moans during the pains - they can't be helped and I hope they don't scare you.

-contraction -

I feel like I've been in immense pain for days - I suppose I have! It's all in my lower back and the tops of my legs. Back labour is what they call it. Although I do get an intense burning/cramping pain in my lower bump. It's all very intense and one of the most profound experiences of my -

-contraction -

life. Wow. I know my body can do this. I know I will be holding you in my arms later on today - oh

- contraction -

It's getting tricky to type now, there's not much of a gap between the pains and it makes me tremble! I would dearly love some gas and air right now! But Daddy is asleep as he's incredibly tired, so I'll have to wait at least a little while, poor thing is not feeling well from being up all night twice in a row!!

Well, when I write on here again, it will be to introduce my little man to this world. I hope and pray all goes to plan and he is safe and sound.

Laura
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Laura I know you can do it!!!! Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so happy for you both. Well done Laura you did amazing! I am so in awe of you for going through Labour! Wow! Can't wait to see His Highness I hear he is very cute. I miss you so much wish I could be there but big WELL DONE! and hope you make a good and quick recovery. xxx Gem

    ReplyDelete