Thursday 7 May 2009

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Firstly, Happy Due Date to me!! Happy Due Date toooo mee!! HAPPY DUE DATE to LAURA!!! Happy Due Date to meee!!!!

I know the doctors officially wrote my due date down as the 9th, but the sonographer said I was okay to go by my original date (7th) because it was so close and scans can be out by a few days etc etc. SO, this is my secret due date. And I've reached it. What, may I ask, is THAT all about??

I had a midwife appointment yesterday - she offered me a sweep for next time!! I was like, "erm, we'll see how desperate I'm feeling when we get there". I'm all for internals when I'm writhing around in pain and having no care in the world as to where I am or whats happening - but no way am I letting someone do THAT to me while I'm in my right state of mind!!!

Still, like I said, we'll see how desperate I am. If I make it that far, I might as well shout at the midwife to go ahead and break my waters too if she wants to! GET THIS BABY OUT!!!

But guess what folks?? MORE BAD NEWS!!! :( Midwife dramatically exclaimed that "oh no! The baby is lying BACK TO BACK!!) So all those pointy jabby body parts that keep coming out of my are not heels and elbows....they are hands and feet!! She got the other midwife to come over and the two of them stood and "ooh"-ed and "aaah"ed and my bump as baby - as if knowing he was on show - decided to make several strange shapes and movements...the midwife said "It's beautiful really, you can really see how he's laying".

BUT the midwife was insistant that I get him to move to Back to Bump. Problem is, I know when he turned, it was a couple of weeks ago when I thought I was in labour. The bone against bone grinding, the heavy period type pains, oh my goodness I ddin't want to have to go through that again!! But oh boy, last night I did!!

I went out and bought an excercise ball and bounced on it, rocked my hips, leant on it and eventually collapsed over it like a sloth. I spent the night watching Friends on my hands and knees. I was on my hands and knees in bed, rocking my hips and swaying to get this little one to move. Ross was gently putting pressure on the side of my bump to encourage baby to settle in a different position. After about an hour of "oooh ouch....oohhh it hurts" and feeling like I was going to die of exhaustion - I finally gave up and led down on my side. That's when the pain REALLY kicked in. Baby had managed to move half way round and so he was all elbows, hands, knees and SHOULDERS. He squirmed and wriggled and tried to keep moving around but gravity wouldn't let him while I was on my side. So up I got again on my hands and knees. The SPD was a killer! What with his head rubbing against me and causing me so much pain. He rolled over and suddenly I felt just a long hard mound of baby - so relieved, I went back to bed, fell asleep and then proceeded to wake up wincing in pain at regular intervals during the night.

I wasn't sure what was happening. I was just too tired to care. I thought it was the start of things and thought it was good as he'd moved. But no, the pains eventually died away and once again I have strange pointy shapes coming out of me and I have the same old back pain I had yesterday. He moved back while I was asleep!!!

SOooo what does it mean if I go into labour?? A prolonged labour, difficult delivery and increased chances of needing forceps/ventrose because baby will be facing up and not down - this is apparently not natural and much more difficult for the baby to come out.

So it's another day of bouncing on the ball and watching TV on my hands and knees....but I don't know WHAT i'm going to do should I go into labour, because after all that I'm insanely tired. I'd never have the energy to push him out anyway!!

Still, the thing that spurs me on is the knowledge that I do NOT want a C-section. So I must avoid one at all costs!!!

We'll see what happens folks.

Laura
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment