Friday 13 February 2009

10 poems in 6 hours....phwoar good going Laura!!

I advertised my "personalised poetry" skills on the bounty website for women who wanted to give their partner some extra special for Valentines' Day. I said that seeing as it's short notice and I'll just send the poems by email, I will offer to do anyone a poem for FREE. But I gave the ladies on there from 4:30 - 6pm to let me know if they wanted one.

Then the emails just kept on coming! I wish that I charged now! lol I was working flat out to write all these poems before it got too late. Ross got home to see me tirelessly working on the laptop feeling exhilerated, exhausted and stressed - but in a good way.

It was such an amazing experience. Some women really opened up and told me about the real hardships they have been through and how grateful they were to their husband for his support. Oh it was lovely.

Thankfully no one emailed with requests after 6pm (but one got in with an email at 5:59!!) I wrote 10 poems in all and received such lovely responses from the women.

Just my little piece of charity for one day. But now the word is out....I'll be charging next time!!

Laura
xxx

1 comment:

  1. WOW cool! go you! I wish I knew I would have asked you for one!!!! There's a business in the making :)

    ReplyDelete