Tuesday 17 February 2009

Anti-D SUCKS. Beef Stew ROCKS.

Wow what an eventful day! Not entirely sure where to start. Had an oh so relaxing anniversary dinner at Frankie and Benny's last night (got 25% discount too because the lady noticed I was pregnant - how nice of her!) We weren't going to do pressies, just cards. But Ross couldn't resist and bought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers!! Then he slipped out a little silver box from his pocket and grinning like a cheshire cat he passed it to me. White gold, pearl and dimond drop earrings. Beautiful !! I love them so much! Lol I immediately said "oh, are they real?" lol and Ross' said "are they heck! of course they are....white gold, real freshwater pearls and yes the dimonds are real too!!"

So I woke up in a really good mood this morning. Completely forgetting that I had the dreaded Anti-D jab today!! After munching on some chocolates (kindly given to us by Mum and Dad - THANK YOU!!) I logged onto Facebook to see that OH-NO! Gemma has beaten my all time best score on Word Challenge. Why. WHy. WHY??!!! Was absolutely furious. The ONE thing I was supposed to excel at. The only area in my life that I was supposed to be the better one at!!! But Noooo - Gem, you just have to beat me at EVERYTHING!!! Ross finds it immensly funny and just thinks its healthy for me to have someone to challenge me. humpf.

Anyways, got super excited when I logged onto Bounty today - saw an interesting thread in the forums from the Bounty staff looking for New mums to take part in a case study where they write an online journal about how internet helps them in their motherly duties and their experiences. Immediately signed up for that. How exciting it would be to share my journey with the WORLD. Okay, maybe not the whole world, but I'd love to write something fun for a bit of comic relief, or supporting mothers out there who find it all a bit hard sometimes.

We'll just see what happens there.

Anyways, went to have my Anti-D jab today. Ross came with me to hold me hand. "aww how nice" I hear you say! Well the experience was absolutely AWFUL. We got in, the normal midwife was writing in my notes and a student nurse was sat next to her looking at me with keen eyes. I was asked the usual questions "how are you feeling?", "anything you'd like to ask?" blah blah. I expressed my concern about the jab, wondering how badly it will hurt. This was my reply.

"oh, the jab really, really hurts. It's very bad".

This helps me HOW???!!! I wasn't so flipping nervous until then. I was like "GET ME OUT OF HERE" I just looked at Ross with wide eyes and felt the room spin all of a sudden. How, HOW, HOW do they think they were helping??

Then the STUDENT nurse says "I'll be admistering the jab, if that's okay with you?"
"Erm, okay" - me.
Great. The midwife then talks her through the process - oh no, has she not done it before?

"Now you'll have to put the needle in quite deep - " then I feel an intense burn/pressure in my arm
".....that's it, all the way in" - I see Ross' eyes widen as he watches the process. The burning, pressure feeling gets stronger.....
"now slowly push the solution in" - hot, hot HOT feeling, my arm is dying, it is being beaten alive SOME ONE HELP ME!! - all this was going in my mind as the woman had that darn needle in me for at least 2 minutes! With pure annoyance I remain still, determined not to flinch or cry or scream.
"now good, slowly draw the needle out" - please no, not slowly - OUCH that hurts! - good grief how long is that needle???

When I got home, my arm felt like someone hit it with a very big weight. Not only do I have a bruise the size of a tennis ball on my arm from the insane blood test, I also have the tiniest red mark where this almighty needle took residence for a longer than needed period of time. I had something to eat, sat down and felt like my head was no longer part of my body. Wooah, the room was turning from one side to the other. My arm felt heavier and heavier and so did my head. I felt sick to my stomach and proper poorly!

After an hour, I began to feel better. Baby started rolling around again and I was suddenly wondering was the fuss was about.

If any poor girl asks me "what does the Anti-D jab feel like" I will NOT reply with a stupid, "It really hurts," I shall simply say : "Stay very still, relax your muscle and focus on something. becuase it feels like a lot of pressure in your arm and hot." At least you can do something with that. How are you supposed to deal with "It just really hurts". huh.

Anyways so then I decided to clean the kitchen. As you do when a massive nesting urge kicks in. Then I put a wash on. Folded the towels. Made the bed. Tidied the lounge. Then I decided to look up making a nice beef stew!!

So then I set about preparing all the ingredients, chopping potatoes, onions, carrots, beef, garlic....mmmm mixed a lot of gravy, thickened with flour...threw it all in the slow cooker and hey presto! It's only been in for 2 hours and already the house is filled with gorgeous aromas of Beef stew!!! Mmmm comfort food!!

Oh and then I decided to arrange my flowers and set them up properly. so they look very pretty now.

Wow so what a day eh? Definitely one for the diary.

Laura
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment