Monday 23 February 2009

Baby - would you mind Putting your bottom back in please?

There's clearly less room in there for baby to move and kick. It feels like he's wedged somewhat transverse, with his head ever so slightly lower than his bottom - which he's decided to stick out of my belly, making my bump look very odd indeed!!

Ooh I am sore! All my muscles are working extra hard to carry the weight of my growing bump. I'm kind of surprised though, I would have thought that I'd have put on more weight by now and look bigger - but I'm actually still smaller than your average 30 week joe. Guess I'll put it down to being tall, as some websites talk about woman who are taller tend to have smaller bumps.

Anyways, I'm excited about baby coming now. In fact, I'm feeling really impatient now. My fear of the birth is diminishing with each day as I get bigger and more sore and achey and fed up of being pregnant. Been reading more birth stories and trying to get a good idea what to expect. Thing is, I can't find many stories about women giving birth in a birthing centre!! Carla has decided to give birth in the delivery suite in hospital - Gemma will give birth in a plush private room in hospital in USA and I've decided that I want to have a go in the birthing unit. Honestly, If they'd let me, I'd have this little guy at home. So it's a happy medium I suppose!

Okay so I'm compiling a list of things I need for baby:

Changing table/dresser
Changing mat and bag
Baby bath/towels and accesories
Baby Monitors
Cot (We have a crib for the first 3-6 months though)
Newborn size 1 nappies (have a pack of 100 newborn size 2)
Blessing outfit
Baby oils/lotions and bubble bath
Moses Basket
Bouncer/Rocker
Teethers/toys
Soft cuddlies

It's actually quite scary to think how much we still need with just a couple of months to go now - has anyone noticed that you have to pay a premium for baby stuff? It's so ridiculous! Ebay doesn't seem to be much help either at the mo. The credit crunch is certainly making ebay more popular!!

Okay now I'm completely absent-minded. lol. Ross will be home soon and the house is a mess. Oh dear. I forgot to renew my prescription for my anti-nausea tablets and whilst I've only been sick once today - I've been feeling absolutely dreadful!!

Oh well, hopefully I'll get some more tomorrow.

Laura

1 comment:

  1. In Bristol they have a birthing suite in the hospital - and I started off in there with my labor for Cara. I much preferred the rooms they had. No beds, so I couldn't be lazy and lie down.. dimmed lights - so good! and best of all it just didn't feel so much like a hospital. Unfortunatley, I ran into problems and ended up having to be moved into the normal hospital wards, but I'm glad I started in there. With Felicity I had to be attached to a monitor as I'd had a previous C-section, so there wasn't much choice.. I have written about my birth on my blog.. but you may not want to read it.. I went into a lot of detail. The most important thing to remember is that it is all worth it!

    Also, about buying baby things.. have you checked out your local freecycle? We've picked up so much, good quality stuff for free.. people don't use baby stuff for long, and lots like to give it away to a good home.

    ReplyDelete