Friday 13 February 2009

I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been beaten repeatedly with a baseball bat

Yet again, I woke up this morning feeling more tired and exhausted than when I went to bed! What is this all about??

My head is pounding, my arms and legs feel heavy, my bump is all sore and my back is in agony. The only part of me that I'm not feeling any pain is my chin. *wiggles jaw* hmm, and that might not be the case either...

BABY kept me awake for much of the night, he was kicking and rolling and punching and I'm sure he managed to get in a few star jumps in there... then he had the hiccoughs and then he started shaking about like he was having some sort of hyper fit. That is IT. No more hot chocolates just before bed. It's never a good idea.

Oh and PILLOWS. I have 3 now, one for under my head, one between my knees and one for my bump/back. It's the only way I finally fall asleep and if my bump so much as TOUCHES the matress, baby floats down to it immediately and starts kicking it vicously. (stop it baby, the matress is your friend...)

And again, 6:30 came along and he was up to his old tricks waking me up again. I think I'm going to find this baby exhausting when he comes out. Carla says her baby is nice and calm and she only feels prods and pokes every now and then. Girly babies seem SO much different to boys!! Well, even Evan was sleeping soundly through the night as a newborn. WHY oh WHY does my baby have to be hyperactive and transverse!! (you just don't know how painful it can be to have the baby laying ACROSS your bump unless you've experienced it)

Gahhh.

Also realised something else, was going to have Alan, Jeris & Co. staying with us Monday-Tuesday when I just looked at the calander and groaned to Ross "oh no, Monday is our 1st year Anniversary". Ross' eyes popped out and he proceeded to say "nope, no way, we can't, we CAN'T have them over monday!!" Soooo what to do? What to do?? Usually we just sacrifice whatever we had planned and always say "well it's special circumstance" but surely, SURELY, we should take the selfish necessary evil route and put our Anniversary first. I mean, seriously.

We'll think of something I suppose. Anyways I'm getting hungry so I'm off for a bite to eat and then I should get myself washed and dressed in prep for a big cleaning frenzy.

Laura
xxx

1 comment:

  1. First of all Evan did NOT sleep through the night as a newborn!? where did that come from. I don't think any newborn does though because they need constant feeding. He did sleep better at 3 months when we gave him a bottle but still not all through the night! I know the pain of a transverse baby and hate to tell you but girls aren't any better. Evan was so mild in my tummy but this little one is totally different. I think their personalities come out sooner than we realise.

    ReplyDelete