Friday 20 February 2009

Breathe Slow, Count From 1 - 10 with my eyes closed...

I am taking a few moments to gather my thoughts and just breathe. This past week has been horrendous and wonderful in many ways really. It looks like this:

Wednesday: Midwife visit where I was supposed to have my bloods done and anti-D jab. Ended up being prodded and stabbed only to have them stab a ligament causing blood to go everywhere.

Thursday: Walked to doctor's surgery to have Blood taken, ended up having them use the largest needle they had and use a thing to suck the blood out. Suringe?? (Sp?) Got home, threw up and passed out. Then I spring-cleaned the house, did two loads of washing, made a lasagne for when ross came home and went out shopping.

Friday: More washing, prepared the beds for Alan+Jeris and boys coming over. Organised baby things. More tidying. Cleaning bathrooms. wrote 10 poems for women on Bounty for Valentines' Day.

Saturday: Woke up early, cleaned kitchen -again, more washing, got ready to go out, went to the cinema, did a big food shop in Asda, ate at Pizza hut, last minute cleaning and tidying for Alan,Jeris+ co coming over.

Sunday: Church, got home, prepared a beef roast dinner, had Neil, Kirstie and kids over for tea. When they left, cleaned kitchen, tidied lounge and organised house in preperation for Alan to arrive late that night. Spoke to Alan and Jeris for a few hours, offered food, cleaned kitchen again. Bed!

Monday: Boys running up and down stairs and banging on walls from 5:30am. Finally got out of my bedroom at 10. got breakfast, filled dishwasher (as all cups and plates were dirty already and rubbish everywhere) got dressed and ready for the day. Called family to see what they were doing. No one was in. Put on two more washes and cleaned bathrooms. Took boys out to the play park. Made sandwiches for everyone. Cleaned kitchen, yet again. Made tea for boys and Jeris. Ross got home, got Alan some tea. Got ready for going out with Ross (it was our Anniversay) waited for Ross' G'pa to come over, had to find him as he got lost, had a short visit with him. Went out to Cheltenham, found out our Indian resturaunt (where we had our first date) has shut down. Went to Frankie and Benny's instead. Got home. Finally had a relaxing night in with Ross.

Tuesday: Woke up early. had Anti-D jab done. felt sick and dizzy. Made sandwiches. More washing done. Cleaned bathrooms and hoovered the house. Tidied bedroom and changed sheets. Made a beef stew for Ross, Carla, Gabor and I. Made a triffle too. had dinner with Carla and Gabor. Went over to Gemma and Nathan's. Did some food shopping. Got home, went to bed.

Wednesday: 6:00am wake up. Felt braxton hicks. Met at Gemma and Nathan's at 6:20, waited in the car while Ross helped pack the cars. Felt more braxton hicks and very tense. Ate some donuts. lol. Got to airport, stood around for a long time. Braxton hicks started getting painful. Each one was more intense than the first. Felt over-heated and very very faint. Then I started having contractions, a very intense pressure feeling down low and had to start breathing through the pains. Had to quickly say goodbye to Gemma and Nathan. Ross carried me to the car. Started getting frightened as the pains were terrible and regular. By the time we got back to Gloucester, the pains and tightenings had gone. Went to bed. stayed in bed for the rest of the day.

Thursday: Was on bed rest. But felt well enough to go out to walk to Tesco and get some food in for tea. Carried potatoes and cans of pop back - very heavy! Had pains again. Felt stressed about everything and tried to calm down.

Friday: (Today) Got to clean the house as it is an absolute TIP again. wash bathrooms, prepare bedroom for Andy (Ross' brother) staying over. Cook a shepherds pie. Put on a wash for weekend. Make up two trays of sandwiches for tomorrow. Go food shopping.

Saturday: (Tomorrow) 8am - Guys start arriving to work on Audi. They're working on the car all day tomorrow hoping to get it on the road. I need to prepare a buffet for lunch. Get them drinks etc. Having a curry in the evening.

I really feel like I need some TLC and a good rest. But it just keeps going on and on and on. The stress of it all is so overwhelming and it's like people have forgotten that I'm in my 3rd trimester now and I need to slow down.

Phew. I guess I'll just have to get through it. Nothing I can do about it really. :(

Well I've had my rant, so I'll get started on my list of things to do today.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment