Monday 9 February 2009

The house is clean, the washing is done......now what??

Ugh, went to bed at about 2am last night - Ross' brother was staying over so he could get to Cardiff in the morning and he didn't arrive til about 12am - then of course Ross wanted to show him his sound system and talk about cars/work/guy stuff. lol.

Finally I was nestled in bed and ready to plop off to sleep when my little boy decided to be wide awake and roll around over and over and over. He really doesn't like it when I lay on my side - he wriggles down to the matress and starts attacking it viciously. Perhaps he likes the excercise? All I know is he kept me awake for ages until I was just too tired to be bothered!

THEN I get a real bootin' at 6:30am - he's been doing this consistantly for the past 2 weeks. Always when Ross goes to work...he starts bouncing around. Then he settled down at about 8ish and I got some more shut eye. Then he was awake at 11ish and went quiet at 12:30, now he's been awake since 2 and still kicking!

It's the oddest sensation, he doesn't just nudge me or poke me or just "kick" he full on army rolls around in there - crawling like a crab to one side of my tummy to the other, and swimming down low or climbing back up. Or he just simple spins around sticking out his little bottom so a massive mound is coming out of my tummy alien-style.

As Ross said to me last night "Baby is fun now! He's got his own little routine and a very strong character." I guess I'll have to get used to this routine he's gotten into as many books mention baby's staying in that sleep pattern after birth. I just hope he's not so violent in his movements otherwise I can see him causing the swinging crib to fall over on it's side!

Sometimes I simply can not wait to meet this little boy. It's so exciting as my bump grows and baby becomes more responsive. Although he's a little on the small side for his weeks he is a couple of weeks ahead development wise - so try figuring that one out!!

Other times I think "no, no, no stay inside!!" because too many people have gone on about this "unbareable pain of childbirth" and it knocks my confidence off. I agree that it's good to be mentally prepared and learn techniques for staying calm, but part of me wishes I didn't know what will happen! Still too late to worry about it now!!

Anyways I've rambled on enough I suppose - ha baby must agree, he's been quiet now for the last 10 mins, so I think he's having another nap.

Laura
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Everyone's birth experience is soo difference, even with each child.. but I think positive thinking and a happy midwife are the best tools for a good delivery - you'll be great!

    So.. you and Carla are due the same day? That's amazing! and Gemma the week before - 3 little cousins so close in age, that's great!

    ReplyDelete