Wednesday 11 February 2009

Well I'm back at it was a total disaster!!!

Midwife did the usual; blood pressure, pulse, urine sample check and listening to the heart beat....all okay, except baby has moved back into transverse position but apparently that's OK because there's still loads of room for him to move down.

Then she tried to find a vein for the bloods.....couldn't find one. I clenched my fist as much and as hard as I could but no veins came up.....then the mw jabbed a needle into my arm and pierced a ligament thinking it might be a vein. Now my arm is in total agony.

Got to go back tomorrow for blood tests done by someone more professional.
And no Anti-D today as they have to give it to me after I've done my bloods.
So I'm in pain, tired, hungry from not eating all day due to nervousness and I have to go through it all again tomorrow and go back for the Anti-D on tuesday!!

AAARGH!!

1 comment: